Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience:  Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
69545677

Passenger Record arrival Ellis Island shows that on May 21,

Customer Question

Passenger Record arrival Ellis Island shows that on May 21, 1906 (Isa)Bella Keeren arrived from Glasgow on board the "Furnessia". She was Dutch, 32 years old, single and had lived in Elberfeld Germany. She was born August 11, 1876 in Asten, The Netherlands. Child of Johannes KEEREN and Maria Antonetta NIJSSEN. How can I find out what happened to her while in the U.S.?

Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

genealogyhelper :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be doing the research on your question. The information you have provided seems pretty clear. The only question I have right now is, did Bella travel alone? If I have any more questions I will contact you. Thank you, Shirley

Customer:

Shirley,

Customer:

I don't know whether she travelled alone or not. I lost track of her after that.

Customer:

This is what I know: The family is Dutch and 2 of her brothers started working in Eberfeld just across the border in Germany. She went there as well and worked as a servant. How she came on a ship from Scotland to New York is a mistery to me and I don't know whether she returned to the Netherlands or Germany.

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

I have found a few people that could be Belle but I cannot say with any certainty that any of them are. I will search beyond US and Canadian records tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

I really appreciate your patience as I am dealing with computer problems at the current time.

Thank you,

Shirley

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX for your research.

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

It appears that Bella returned to Germany, when I cannot say, but I located her in

German Phone Directories 1915-1981

Bella Keeren

1948-1949

Frankfurt Am Main, Hessen

Other than the passenger lists, this is the only record I was able to find that I believe to be the person you are seeking.

Thank you,

Shirley

Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience: Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how your research is going. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Shirley
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I will contact you if I have more questions.

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for using Just Answer,

Shirley