A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I have been searching for James Deacon born 1778 to Thomas

I have been searching for James Deacon born 1778 to Thomas Deacon/Jane Shirtliff Deacon. I do not know his dead date, etc.

Hi, Peter,

Welcome to our service and thanks for your question. Please let me introduce myself. My name isXXXXX and I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

First I need to ask you some more questions though. You mention that James Deacon was born in 1778? Do you know where he was born?

Do you know the name of his wife, date/place of marriage? Anything about their children?

You also mention that he had 4 brothers. Do you have their names and dates of birth?

Did they all remain where they were born or move to another country? state/province/county?

The more information we have to begin with, the more likely we will be able to find something about James.

Looking forward to working with you,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Killane area, Brothers Thomas 1771, Abraham 1773, George 1776, James 1778 andJoseph 1781

Sons of Thomas Deacon/ Jane Shirtliffe and grandfather was JNohn Deacon

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am having problems with my computer - it freezes when I try to reach you.

Peter

Hi, Peter,

Your replies are coming through perfectly.

Did James and his brothers remain in Co. Antrim or move elsewhere?

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I mentioned before, James and family born in Killane, Wexford. Don't know his wife,date or children

He may have emmigrated to the US but not sure.Gloria Binnions has helped me a great deal especially the XXXXX XXXXXne.

she came from athe Deacon family.I prefer email as this program keeps freezing on me and it takes me an hour to get this typed.

If you can't find any info, then I do not wish to continue but if you do, I may have more questions for you.Thanks for your help

Peter Xxxxxx [email protected]

I'm sorry that you are having computer problems but we cannot respond by email. That is for your protection and privacy as well as ours. All communication is on this forum. I don't even know what your email is. Any attempt to provide it will be blanked out.

I'm pleased to hear that the Killane your James Deacon was from was the one in Wexford rather than the one in Antrim.

I will see if there is anything in Wexford, but many of their records have never been transcribed.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank yuou for your response. I hope you can get me some information.

Peter

Hi again,

I am continuing to research. It there is any information online I will have access to it. It is just a matter of searching every data set we subscribe to which generally takes a few hours. However, all I can do is look, If information doesn't exist there is no way of making it appear out of nowhere, although that is certainly something I'd like to be able to do Smile

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no rush on this, if yo find something send it

Hello again,

I've spent hours researching all the databases and have found no record of the birth of James Deacon or the marriage of Jane Shirtcliff and Thomas Deacon anywhere in Ireland. That doesn't mean that the events didn't happen. It may just mean that if a paper record exists in the parish where they were married or James and his brothers were born, it has not been transcribed and made available online.

The only thing I found referring to these people was something submitted by a user with no references to sources of information. With no sources, there is no way to evauate whether the data are true or not.

When records aren't available online, the recourse is to hire someone who can research on site in the area where the events occurred. If you need help with on-site research in Co. Wexford, you can find competent people at www.apgen.org or www.progenealogists.com. Fees vary all over the place from as low as $75 USD per hour to over $150 per hour, so it pays to shop around. On-site genealogists typically charge a non-refundable deposit equivalent to several hours' work to make sure they are compensated for their time if records do not exist. I hope they will be able to find something in Co. Wexford, since there aren't any records online.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~