Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

Seeking for cementry(graveyard) where my ancestors Johann (Hans)

Seeking for cementry(graveyard) where my ancestors Johann (Hans) Grundling *1665 and Johann Christoph Grundling *1686 are burried in Gorlitz. I am from South Africa and intend to visit Gorlitz 24 Sept.2013.
C.F.Grundlingh.XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

genealogyhelper :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for using Just Answer. I will be doing the research on your question. If I need more information, I will contact you. Please disregard any requests to rate your answer before you have received your answer.Thank you, Shirley

Expert:  Shirley replied 1 year ago.

Hello Carl,

I have been unable to locate the information you seek. All of our research is done online and it is very rare to locate records as old as the ones you are seeking, online.

Although the Germans did and do keep excellent records, I cannot say for sure that you would even locate the record in Gorlitz. It is also unlikely that the monuments still exist.

However, I would like to give another expert an opportunity to assist you, so I will opt-out of the question.

I wish you good luck in your search.

Shirley

Expert:  Brendan Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Carl,

I wonder is this your Johann

Johann Christoph Gründling, "Germany Deaths and Burials, 1582-1958"Name: Johann Christoph Gründlind
Gender: Male
Burial Date: 29 Apr 1713
Burial Place: Heidelberg, Baden, Germany
Death Date: 22 Apr 1713
Death Place:
Age:
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Occupation: Secretarius
Race:
Marital Status:
Spouse's Name:
Father's Name:
Father's Birthplace:
Mother's Name:
Mother's Birthplace:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B39646-0
System Origin: Germany-EASy
GS Film number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Reference ID: p309 #9

Brendan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Johann Christoph Grundling *31 Aug 1688 x Anna Helena Waltern 4 Mar 1715. His father Johann (Hans) Grundling x 17 Nov 1678 in Gorlitz to Anna Maria Alsch(n)er.

Johann Christophwas a tailor.

It dosn't match to yours

Hello Carl,

I came across the record above, I thought it may have fitted into your family tree.

Burial records for the Luthern church in Gorlitz are not online. 99.9% of the population of Gorlitz were Luthern 1600's, 1700's

The cemetery where your family would have been buried was Nikolai Cemetery, it opened 1600 and closed 1848, the cemetery is open to the public.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolaikirchhof_G%C3%B6rlitz

In German

Brendan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In the 1500 almost all of the population in Germany was Chatolic. 31 Oct 1517, Luther nail his credo to the All Saints church. I do not believe that from mid 1500 to 1700, 99.9% was Lutern.

This is importent to me, to direct me to a spesific relegion in my search for buriel places.

On the web I find the phrase "parish-office" where very old documents may be avaiable. Did you know some thing about is?

Hello Carl,

"The Protestant Reformation came to Görlitz in the early 1520s and by the last half of the 16th century, it and the surrounding vicinity, became almost completely Lutheran."

source Wiki

The parish office is in St Peter and Paul church in Gorlitz, they have records going back to the 1500's

The cemetery you are looking for is the Nickolai cemetery. The parish office may also hold death and burial records of your Grundling family.

Best of luck with your trip.

Brendan
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience: Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.