A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years

I am seeking information on my great grandmother, Christine

I am seeking information on my great grandmother, Christine Dautel who married Wilhelm Fritz, my great grandfather. They were both born in Germany, possibly in the Wurttemberg area. She was born in January 1864 and he was born in 1859. She died 29 April 1904 and Wilhelm 8 May 1899. I believe Wilhelm immigrated in 1879. They settled in Hudson County, Weehawken, NJ and both are interred in Weehawken Cemetery. Any information you could find would indeed be appreciated. Lorraine XXXXXXX

Hello, Christine,

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Have you obtained the marriage record for Christine Dautel and Wilhelm Fritz in New Jersey? New Jersey is one of the states that make no vital information available online.

If they married in Hudson County, you may be able to obtain a copy of the record through the following ink:

Hudson County Clerk
257 Cornelison Ave 2nd Fl
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Hours of Operation: 8AM-5PM EST
Phone: 201-395-4760 x2881/2882 (record rm)
Fax: 201-395-4766
Real Estate: 201-795-6574
Elections: 201-795-6125
Recording Officer: Register of Deeds

I've scoured all our databases as well as the ones you've looked at and there isn't anything online to help.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I am not sure where the Fritz's were married but I shall give the City Clerk of Hudson County a try.

Sincerely, LorraineSmile

Great! Anturalization records for New Jersey (sadly, also not online) would be another place to look.

Good luck Smile