Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience:  Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.

In recent months , I had searched an Irish census in the year

In recent months , I had searched an Irish census in the year of 1901 & 1911 . I had a few success of my distant relatives, but I am still looking for my great grandfather john Sullivan's 2 younger brothers, Edmond or Edmund born in 1861 & michael born in 1862 at Baliniva , county kilkenny. Their parents were Edmund Sullivan & Honora Bowe ,married in 1858. Nothing appeared on both of census in the year of 1901/1911 for two younger brothers in other counties. I wonder if they left Ireland ? . I like to know if they were married or not. My great grandfather, john with his family migrated to Australia in 1889.
Thank you

genealogyhelper :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be doing the research for your question. If I need further information, I will contact you.If you are prompted to rate your answer, before I have given you an answer, please disregard.

genealogyhelper :

Thank you,

genealogyhelper :

Hello Graham,

We are only allowed to locate one item about one person per question.

However, in order to fully answer your question, I will have to break that rule.

Edmund William Sullivan died in 1865 while his children were still young. Honora sent her sons Edmond and Michael to the United States in 1869 aboard the Tarifa.

Although this information may be all you need to locate everything else you are looking for, I have spent several hours researching your question. I do have more information and documentation if you are interested in having that too.

Thank you,

Hello Graham,

I'm just following up with you to see how your research is going. Please let me know if my answer was helpful. If you should like to use my services again, you can request me when you ask your next question.

Thank you,

Let me know,
[Expert Name]
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

a couple of months ago , you gave a good answer , but it was fluke to catch Edmund Sullivan's death record as he lived with his maternal uncle in 1888. I came to suspect correct and rechecked again. Edmund's godfather as well as Uncle too. I fixed up.

Another one, I am bit unsure of Distant cousin who was born in New York , married to IrishAmerican born girl in 1945. I came to notice why his name was Walter is recorded as Walter Junior. Which one is correct ? His name is XXXXX XXXXX , son of Michael and Anasatisia Hickey of Bronx . If walter is right person to marry in 1945. I want to record correct on my family. I know Walter Hickey died at Lowell, Massecusset ( sorry mispelt) in 1990. I wonder if he had any children survived him in 1990. My poor nana never knew that she had two american cosuins. She died in 1992 at the age of 95. Any suggestion I can search marriage record of Walter and Anne in USA. Thank you Graham

Hello Graham,

I am not sure if I should be offended or not. What do you mean when you say, "it was a fluke to catch Edmund Sullivan's death record..."? It does not really matter as long as you have the information right?

I can see where you might be confused as far as Walter goes. Everyone's name is XXXXX XXXXX the 1920 U.S. census and his parents' names are XXXXX XXXXX the 1925 New York census.

Here is what I have;

Michael Hickey was born in 1880 in Ireland. He married Anastasia Hickey. Anastasia was born in 1882 in Ireland. Michael immigrated to the United States in 1909 and Anastasia immigrated in 1903. They were both Naturalized in 1918. They had two children; Walter Stephen born 1916 in New York and Catherine born 1918, also in New York. Walter S. Hickey enlisted in the Army on 10 March 1941, married Anna Pearlman in Lowell, Middlesex, Massachusetts in 1945, and he died on 4 January
1990 in Lowell, Middlesex, Massachusetts.

Sources used;

Ireland, Civil Registration Births Index, 1864-1958

Name: Anastasia Hickey

Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1882

Registration District: Cashel

Birth Country: Ireland

Volume: 3

Page: 434

FHL Film Number: 101058

Boston, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1954

Name: Annastasia Hickey

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1882

Age: 2

Port of Departure: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Ship Name: Worcester

Arrival Date: 8 May 1884

Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts

1920 United States Federal Census - search for Walter Hickey

Name misspelled as Walter Hiskey

New York, State Census, 1925 - search for Walter Hickey

Father's name spelled Mickale and Mother's name Anestis

1930 United States Federal Census - search for Walter Hickey

1940 United States Federal Census - search for Walter Hickey

U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 - search for Walter Hickey

Massachusetts, Marriage Index, 1901-1955 and 1966-1970 - search for Walter Hickey

Massachusetts, Marriage Index, 1901-1955 and 1966-1970 - search for Anna Perlman

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2 - search for Walter Hickey

U.S. Social Security Death Index, 1935 - Current - search for Walter Hickey

Web: Massachusetts, Find A Grave Index, 1620-2013 - search for Walter Hickey

You can request a copy of Walter's original Social Security application at
It is worth the cost as it could contain information you will not find anywhere

Thank you,

Hello Graham,

Thank you so much for the kind rating,