Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Experience:  Help with your Genealogy and Family History research.
69545677

I am looking for a genealogy program with a relational structure,

Customer Question

I am looking for a genealogy program with a relational structure, where gedcom type hierarchical data can be combined with social network information (relationships with persons-not-family, fe buyers, sellers, co-members of a society, guild) and with non human entities (fe houses, property). Where I can lookup, who where the succesive owners of a property, or the successive board member of a society/company).

To start with a social network vizualization program that is capable of importing gedcom files, or Legacy/Heredis files fe would be a good start for me.

Any suggestions
Thanks

Dr Ad WM Teulings
(I am studying merchant networks, 1300-1650 in the Low Countries and other centers of trade (Venezia, Sevilla, London, Riga etc)
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Shirley replied 3 years ago.

genealogyhelper :

Hello, My name is Shirley and I will be doing the research on your question. If I need further information or have any questions, I will contact you. Thank you, Shirley

JACUSTOMER-laghzxiz- :

Hello Shirley

JACUSTOMER-laghzxiz- :

Hope to hear from you

Expert:  Shirley replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dr. Ad,

I am sorry about the automatic messages the site posts. It is not the first time that it has caused a bit of confusion. I am still researching you question because, as you know there is a lot of software available. I should think that after I have done all the research and actually given you an answer, that you will change the rating you have given me.

Thank you,

Shirley

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I understand that
Expert:  Shirley replied 3 years ago.

My opinion may be considered biased as this is the genealogy software I use but, I would recommend Family Tree Maker 2012 every time. In numerous comparisons, Family Tree Maker 2012 emerges as the best genealogy software available today.

Here is just a sampling of what Family Tree Maker 2012 offers;

Custom Facts

Relationship Options

Rating System for Sources

Import/Export Gedcom Files

Multiple Relationships

Relationship Calculator

DNA Results

Track Medical Conditions

Ancestor and Descendant Charts

Timeline Files

Place Reports

Create Web Pages

Print Wall Charts

Can Import from Online Sources

Video Tutorial

Online Resources

Compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP

Family Tree Maker is also available for the Mac user.

Good luck with your research.

Expert:  Shirley replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ad,

I am just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Please let me know,
Shirley
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no expertise whatsoever in your answer, Ive been using FTM for years (over 10)
Expert:  Shirley replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry I did not give you the answer you are seeking. "In my opinion" Family Tree Maker is the genealogy software that will do most of what you are looking for. To have exactly what you want, you will have to create your own spread sheets.