A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I have searched and cannot find the name DE MOUL, this is my

I have searched and cannot find the name DE MOUL, this is my father's name, my maiden name. My father dies in 1929 in Liverpool, England. As far as I know, he was born and lived in Ireland until he came to England around 1925. He was in the Irish Guards.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

I'll check the records and see what I can find.

Do you have any idea when he was born?

How about his wife? What was her name and when did they marry?

Do you knwo the names of their children?

Thanks for any additional information,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He was born 1904/5/6. Wife: Jane Elizabeth Price. Married 1925/6.

Daughter: Patricia born 1927

I'm sorry, but I forgot to ask you what his name was.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Henry Francis Garret De Moul

Thanks so much. There aren't many records available in Ireland after 1900, but I will do my best to find him for you.

It will definitely be tomorrow though. You will get another email similar to this one when I have something to report. Meanwhile, have a good evening, and do keep youir fingers crossed! Smile

Best regards,

Schuyler

Hello again,

There was no record (civil or parish) of anone named Demoul (any spelling) born in Ireland in the early 1900s. I did not find anyone of that name in the 1901 or 1911 censuses for Ireland or Scotland. I also checked birth records in Scotland and Ireland. French records are not online, so I couldn't check those. While parish baptism records can be missing since not all have been transcribed, civil registration was excellent after 1864, so he should be in the civil birth records if he were born in the UK.

The English census shows only one De Moul (any spelling) in England in 1911 and that was Hilaine (ppssibly Hilaire, the writing is not good)) age 42, his wife Edith 35, sons Jean 14 and Norbert 10, all born in France, and their servant Marie Louis 17 born in the town where they lived which was St. Helier on the island of Jersey. There was no De Moul family in the 1901 census in England, Ireland, or Scotland.

There was the death a Henry De Moul who died at age 53 (b abt 1865) registered the 2nd quarter of 1918 in Liverpool, Lancashire, Volume 8B, page 112.

Your Henry's death was registered in the 3rd quarter 1929 same place, Volume 24, page 52. I found this notice in a newspaper:

"Henry Demoul, a labourer, of Tagus Street, Liverpool, who was injured by a fall of rock in the new Mersey Tunnel, died on the way to hospital." [(30 Sep 1929, Evening Telegraph, Tayside, Scotland, page 8]

Sometimes death records will give details as to who the parents were. You can order the death record of Henry F. G. DeMoul online from the British General Record Office (GRO) at http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp. It is very inexpensive (just £9.25). You will need the following information:

Name: DE MOUL, Henry F G

Registration district: Liverpool

County: Lancashire

Year of registration: 1929

Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec

Age at death:25

Volume no: 8B

Page no: 52

If you don't have your mother's death record, this is the index listing:

Name: DE MOUL, Jane Elizabeth

Registration district: Stafford

County: Staffordshire

Year of registration: 1991

Month of registration: June

Date of Birth:16 March 1905

Volume no: 30

Page no: 1232

Reg no: 691

And here is the listing for the Henry who died in 1918:

Name: DE MOUL, Henry

Registration district: Liverpool

County: Lancashire

Year of registration: 1918

Quarter of registration: Apr-May-Jun

Age at death:53

Volume no: 8B

Page no: 112

I am hoping your father's record will give the names of his parents, since there is nothing online.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience: Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years