A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

My great great grandfather came from lethan in Cavan County

My great great grandfather came from lethan in Cavan County and I would like to find out
what town . His name was XXXXX XXXXX marriade to Mary Anne Wilson
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Do you know when was he born? When and where did he marry Mary Anne Wilson?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The information that i have is that they maybe came to Canad about 1812.

1st generation. . 2nd generation also XXXXX XXXXX 1834 & Mary

Sproul. 1834--1837. 3rd. generation my dad Thomas XXXXX XXXXX

1871-i9--wife Katie Louise Reynolds age 1886-1962., had 12 children

Regards.

Everrette Thompson

Hello, Everrette,

When was the original XXXXX XXXXX born and when did he marry Mary Anne Wilson?

Thanks,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not know. This what I am looking for. I aws hoping that you would be able to come with the information & also more early history on my

family roots.

Rgards.

Everrette

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning Schuyler.

I have not heard back since 10.30 pm last night. So far nothing has been added to questions that I asked you. I look to hear from you to-day.

Regards.

Everrette

That's correct, Everette. I went to bed shortly after I had responded to you at 10:42 p.m. and was doing hospital rounds at 6:30 this morning. Most professionals work at more than one job.

Genealogy research takes hours of time even when there is sufficient information to begin a search. So far all we have is a name and that he may have been born in Co. Cavan at some time in history and may have come to Canada in 1812. Of course, that means that he was born before 1812.

However, i've spent the past several hours looking for records of your family. If records exist online I have access to them. There is no online marriage record for XXXXX XXXXX and Mary Anne Wilson in Cavan or elsewhere in Ireland at any time that would have produced children prior to the 1840s. Civil registration of marriages and births was not required until 1864. Prior to that all that is available is parish records, and all of those have not been transcribed and put online. Transcription and digitization is a tedious and expensive process. There were a number of XXXXX XXXXXs born all over Ireland, but with no approximate date of birth, there is no way to tell which one might be him. If there were a marriage record, that could help pin it down, but there isn't.

You mention that he came from Lethan in Co. Cavan, but there is no such place on the map of Cavan. There is the Ath Lethan racecourse in Co. Leith, but I didn't find XXXXX XXXXX or Mary Anne Wilson in Co. Leith or elsewhere in Ireland either.

There is nothing more that can be done with the information you have provided. For on site research in Ireland you can contact www.apgen.org or www.progenealogists.com. Fees for on site research vary all over the map from as little as $75 USD per hour to over $150 so it pays to negotiate, especially since genealogists are paid whether they find records or not, based on the information provided by the customer. It is sort of like paying someone to mine your gold claim. If they don't find gold ore, you still owe them for their work. It is not their fault if records aren't where they are supposed to be, or if they no longer exist.

Since you are just beginning your family history, I would suggest you start, as all historians must, with the most recent generation and work backward generation by generation. For instance, there may be some mention in wills, etc. in Canada of George's family still in Ireland. However, those records are also not online.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Schuyler.

I am going to look up one more piece of information to give you.

There for brothers that I think that came out also and located around

Attawa in the Wakefield area. Their names were, William,George, John and Bob Thom,pson. this was in the year 1855.I hope this will help. give

one more shot. Thank you.Regards.

Everrette

Attawa in the Wakefield area? Where is that?

It is entirely unlikely that XXXXX XXXXX who came to Canada about 1812 would have brothers coming to Canada in 1855. If these weren't his brothers, then that would be another question. We only research one person per question since it takes so many hours and access fees to records in Ireland are so high.

Best regards,

Schuyler

A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience: Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your sprnt looking for information on my grand parents. I guess we are done for know. You have been paid, so i will not be charged for any more services . Thank you again, i remain,

Yours truly,

Everrette

Yes, I've been paid. Thank you.

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Schuyler

I agreed to a $58.00 DOLLAR CONTRACR WHICH I

paid and you have charged me for another amount that i did not order, so would you please credit my account and square things up. I expect a

credit to my account to-day. Thank you.

everrette

Hello, Everrette,

Please understand that I did not charge you anything. I am an independent contractor for Just Answer and have nothing to do with their financial arrangements. Instructions for discontinuing a subscription (which is what I presume you have, but I don't know) are found in the Terms of Service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service

If you scroll down to #9 you will find this paragraph: "To cancel a subscription, you may contact Customer Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 888-587-8220, or log into your JustAnswer account and follow these instructions."

Just Answer's Customer Service department will get you fixed up right away, but those of us who cotract to do the research know nothing about the customers or their arrangements with Just Answer.

All the best,

Schuyler