A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

Claus Hinrichs, Tischlermeister born 1867, died 15.07.1943

Claus Hinrichs, Tischlermeister born 1867, died 15.07.1943 in Heide Schleswig-Holstein
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

What one specific piece of information are you missing about Claus Hinrichs that we can help you research?

You mention that he died in Heide, Schleswig-Holstein. Do you know where he was born?

Do you know when and where he and Marie were married?

When and where the children were born?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to know the genealogy öf Claus Hinrichs, parents etc. I suppose he was born in Hèide. No more informations abour wife, marriage and children . The son Adolf was my father in law,He died in Elmhorn on 6. 06. 1955?

Thank you for your help Sam XXXX

Hi, Sam,

We don't do family genealogies since they typically take weeks to months to research. What I can do is try to find his parents. That alone will probably take a couple of hours.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help.I would like to know the name of the parents ans wife (marie Stave?) of Claus. His son was
Adolf, chemist born in Heide (22.04.1897-+06.06.1855 in Elmshorn).The other son was Ernst and died early . I was told
that Claus had a brother Johann ?, farmer. It is all what I know.

Hello again,

I am so very sorry, but there is no online birth record of a Claus/Nicolaus Hinrichs (any spelling) born 1867±10 years in Schleswig-Holstei, even though I've searched for hours. Also, no record of a marriage, or of the birth of his sons. His death record also isn't online. Sometimes a death record will have names of the parents.

There is a secondary record of a Claus Jacob Hinrichs who may or may not be your Claus. He was born 25 Oct 1867 in Vettenbüttel to Carl Jacob Henrichs and his wife Anna Catharine Bolz. It is in an emigration database from Dithmarschen. The father was born in 1835 in Schleswig-Holstein and died 1877 in Queensland, Australia. The mother died there in 1881. I found no record in Queensland of a Claus Hinrichs marrying Marie. (I thought he might have come with his parents as a child to Australia and moved back to Germany as an adult.)

Most records for Schleswig-Holstein are not online. When that happens one needs to look for the paper records in person or hire someone to do it for them. you can find competent on-site researchers at www.apgen.org or www.progenealogists.com. Fees for on-site research vary all over the map, from as little as $75 USD per hour to over $150, so it pays to negotiate.

I'm so sorry there isn't more online about him.

Best regards,

Schuyler

A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience: Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years