A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

Dear Ms hello,This is the second time I am posting a question

Customer Question

Dear Ms hello,
This is the second time I am posting a question at your site.
The first time was on May of 2011 and you had answered my questions.I must tell you that I was quite pleasured about your answers.
Now I need some more information about the same person.

My grandad
named: Pericles Pallas,
ethnicity:Greek
father's name Alexandros
born in:1885
Date of arrival in N.YORK:28 May 1904 at 19 years old
passenger record:http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?MID=20923158270902181024&FNM=PERICLES&LNM=PALLAS&PLNM=PALLAS&CGD=M&bSYR=1885&bEYR=1885&first_kind=1&last_kind=0&TOWN=null&SHIP=null&RF=2&pID=102533070459

IT IS KNOWN IN OUR FAMILY THAT HE LEFT U.S.A. ON THE NOVEMBER OF 1912 TO RETURN IN GREECE AND FIGHT AS A VOLUNTEER AT THE BALKAN WARS.
AFTER THE END OF THE WAR HE RETURNED BACK TO U.S.A.

1.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WAS THE EXACT DATE HE LEFT U.S.A. IN 1912 THE NAME OF THE SHIP AND THE PORT OF ARRIVAL IN EUROPE(THE DESTINATION).

2. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN DID HE CAME BACK TO GREECE WITH HIS BROTHER DEMITRIOS AT THE DECADE OF 1930.(THE EXACT DATE OF DEPARTURE,THE NAME OF THE SHIP AND THE DESTINATION OF THE SHIP IN EUROPE).
Thank you in advance for your help.

All the best
PAPANIKOLAOU STAMATIS
HELLAS-GREECE
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Brendan Joseph replied 1 year ago.

Hello Papanikolaou.

I will research your question, if I have a problem I will let other experts have a go at researching your question.

Brendan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

O.k. thank you I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Stamatis

Hello Stamatis,

I must say I love your country, I have visited Athens, Corfu, Crete, Rhodes, Cyprus and my favourite Zakynthos.

I will research your question in the morning, I am living on your euro time.

Brendan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So Brendan,

you have visited Greece?Thanks for your good words.As for Zakynthos if I exclude the coast of the shipreck which is unic.I didnot like the island.

If you have not visited Leykada and Kefalonia you must put them in your next destination.Kefalonia is the most beautiful island of Ionian sea in my opinion.

O.k. thanks again.I am going to bed now it is 00:18 a.m. here.

Have a nice day there.

Stamatis

Hello Stamatis,

I have travelled the whole coast of Zakynthos, I have visited the shipwreck, I forgot to say Kefalonia, I have visited there as well. I understand that Madonna has a holiday home there. Beautifull Island.

Brendan

Hello Papanikolaou,

I will let our US experts have a look at your question.

Brendan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brendan,

I have just received an email from just answered informing me that I have a reply but I cannot see anything else except the conversation we had about your travel in Greece.

Is the answer in my question some where else in the site?Or there is not an answer yet?

Thank you for your help

Stamatis

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Please understand that genealogy research takes hours of time. We do not have answers at the tips of our fingers, but must spend the time looking for information in our dozens of databases.

There is no passenger list online of his leaving the US or arriving in Greece.

There is no record online of either of them leaving or entering Greece. Of course, Greece has never put records online.

Most passenger records are not available online.

You may be able to see if the archives in Greece have information on old passenger records, but they are not online. The US also doesn't have much information on departing passengers, just those entering the USA, and not many after about 1925 are available online.

Best regards,

Schuyler