A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I am looking for anything on Mariner Abraham Murcott. According

Customer Question

I am looking for anything on Mariner Abraham Murcott. According to his will he went down on HMS The Namure in November 1703 during the great storm. All lives were lost. I would like to know who his parents were and when was he born. I can't find anything on The Namur being lost at sea in 1703. I would appreciate any help. Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX Australia. Norma Tonks , 2xGGrandaughter of Mary Murcott married to John Webb.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Norma,

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your question. I

will see what birth records are available online for that part of Warwickshire.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

You're welcome. It will be tomorrow before I am finished searching. You will get another email similar to this one when the work is finished. No response is necessary to this message.

Good evening!

Schuyler

Welcome back to the unique experience that is JustAnswer. Please note that my function is to give you honest information based on such online records as are available, and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear. We also cannot provide information from records that do not exist online.

In addition to what you may have seen on ancestry.com. there was an Abraham Murcott baptised 14 Sep 1662 in Cubbington, Warwickshire, son of John and Joane Croft Murcott. A couple with the same given names had a son Nathaniel baptised 27 Dec 1667 in Plymouth, Devonshire. There is no mention of what John Murcott did for a living in either record.

Research of events this early usually requires working on site since for the most part early records are not online. Even when there are existent records, sufficient information is not included in the parish records to establish direct relationships. That is the case here.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY button to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time
researching for you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even though my answer is correct. I work very hard to research all available information, and formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.

Best regards,

Schuyler

A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience: Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Schuyler. I thought that this was the one I was looking for.

Kind regards, Norma.

You're so very welcome.

Happy New Year!

Schuyler