Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

My boyfriend got me a 3ds xl for christmas and when i tried

Customer Question

hello! so my boyfriend got me a 3ds xl for christmas and when i tried to download a game on my own from the store it said it couldn't access the sd card (the one that came with it) and after trying to repair the download, now it won't let me access the other game he had already downloaded for me either
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its a brand new 3ds xl, where would i look for make and model? ive never had a handheld system before
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it started last week, i took the back plate off and popped the sd card out and back in, and i tried connecting to the network on my laptop, it let me get to the files but i didnt know what to do after that
JA: Anything else you want the game expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nah i guess thats it, just the sd card. i had sorta fixed it for a bit and it let me play the mario game he downloaded for me, but then when i tried to repair the download of the new game i bought it killed the mario game too
Category: Game Systems
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
none of the forums are helping me figure this out, i shouldnt have to get a new sd card this one is brand new and came with the system i don't understand whats wrong.. should i just call you guys? I'm freaking out i cant believe my brand new present is broken. should i call nintendo tech support or something? i need to figure this out asap... the longer i sit here thinking about it the more panicky i get. we got a warranty on it but like i shouldnt have to replace it its brand new... please help im freaking out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
all the nintendo forums say i have to try another sd card but i dont have one and i shouldnt have to buy one this one should be working
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i do I'm sorry i was away from my computer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i cannot afford $26 dollars to troubleshoot this it has a warranty i shouldn't have to pay extra to fix it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i didnt even want to pay $5 but it said i'd get it back. i'm not paying money for this, i'm broke, my boyfriend is the only reason i even have this extremely expensive gaming system, i've never been able to afford something like this and i have it for like a week and its already broken and i didnt do it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i still need help