Dustin, Repair Technician
Experience:  From The ColecoVision to PS3's and XBOX 360's I have been using and repairing game systems for many years! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My wii u wont turn on even when i charge it, no problem in

Customer Question

my wii u wont turn on even when i charge it
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: no problem in the past and it is the game pad that wont turn on
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it started yesterday .none so far
JA: Anything else you want the game expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Dustin replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 14 days ago.

Do you still need help with this issue?

If so, what happens when you turn on the WII U?

Does the power light flash red? Does the screen blink? Please describe exactly what happens, thank you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no nothing happens sometimes the light will flash blue for a little bit but i think it might be the charger. the screen stays black . this only happens with the gamepad
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
also i would like to know the wii u,s waryntee i got it last thanksgiving
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i still need help
Expert:  Dustin replied 14 days ago.

Right off the bat, the warranty is one year. If you want to send it in for a repair you should act FAST as you are almost past the one year. Here is the link we use.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8261

Before you send it in, you can try these repair steps.. ( however, if these dont work dont waste any time filling out the warranty as you dont want to go past the one year mark or the repair wont be free )

Reset the Wii U console's AC adapter by performing the following:

1. Unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet and the back of the Wii U console.
  2. Wait for 2 minutes.
  3. Plug the AC adapter back into the wall outlet and Wii U console, using a different outlet if one is available.
  4. Attempt to power on the Wii U console.

If it wont power on, try this

1. Remove any unlicensed accessories from the Wii U, including SD cards and USB storage devices.
  2. Reset the Wii U console by pressing and holding down the power button on the front of the Wii U console for six seconds.
    • If the Wii U console does not reset, unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet, wait 15 seconds, and then plug it back in.
  3. Attempt to power on the Wii U console.
  4. If possible, press the eject button on the Wii U to remove any discs.

And if it still wont power on, immediately fill out the repair request on the link I sent you.

Best of luck!!

Dustin S

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you so much :)
Expert:  Dustin replied 14 days ago.

You are very welcome.. Did the resets I mentioned work for you?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no but i will send to link
Expert:  Dustin replied 14 days ago.

Understood, just please make sure you do so soon, other wise your 1 year warranty will expire..

As long as you get your request in before then, you should be fine!

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 days ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.