crash2199
crash2199, Hobbyist
Experience:  Helping others enjoy their games
50836188

My Wii game console keeps telling me "the game disc could

Customer Question

My Wii game console keeps telling me "the game disc could not be read. Refer to the operations manual for details" or "An error has occurred. Press the eject button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off. Please read the Wii operations manual for more information" but it is not the disc because I bought a new disc & it still says it. Once you get into an activity it's fine. It's just trying to get to the activity. Please help!!!
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi Kim,

Please try this:

Eject the disc

Please power off the Wii.

Unplug the Wii from the wall outlet

Wait 1 minute

Plug the Wii back in and power it on.

Try using the disc now

Please let me know if the issue remains otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still displays error.

Are you having this issue with multiple discs or one?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Multiple discs

Thank you for confirming.

Unfortunately, if it happens with multiple discs then your Wii needs to be repaired.

Click here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_redirect.jsp?sys=wii&lang=en&sym=DISCALLGAMES

Follow the prompts to reset the repair process.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well I guess I didn't learn anymore than I knew!! ��Thanks for trying!

You're welcome!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How can I get a refund since my issue was not resolved and I don't know any more than I did when I started?

I am sorry that you feel that way since I have provided you with a direct link to start a repair process.

I will send a request for a refund. Please do not reply back or use the rating system otherwise it will delay the process.