Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

My WII console would not turn off. Now it does not work at

Customer Question

My WII console would not turn off. Now it does not work at all. There is a general error message, but no specific number. Even a brand new disc will not play.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: RVL-001 (USA)
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We just noticed it. Our grandkids are the ones who use it and they haven't been here for a month. They thought the disc's were bad, but even a new disc doesn't play and the console never shuts off. I have tried resetting it, unplugging it etc.
JA: Anything else you want the game expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is as much as I know.
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

The general error is in the software. It's like a computer. If your version of Windows becomes corrupt, your computer won't boot up. The Wii is the same, it's a computer designed for gaming. When the software becomes corrupt, it won't boot, and it will give you an error. Error numbers are designated at certain hardware pieces. Since there is no number associated, that points to your software.

You will have to send it to Nintendo to have the software re-flashed. To get the repair started, click here.