Dustin, Repair Technician
Experience:  From The ColecoVision to PS3's and XBOX 360's I have been using and repairing game systems for many years! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an xbox 360 it is working okay like I can see the

Customer Question

I have an xbox 360 it is working okay like I can see the green lights and everyting and when the screen and hear it coming on but the tv is blank.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: original model xbox 360 preniumm black
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about a month or two idk what to do
JA: Anything else you want the game expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no sir or no mam
Category: Game Systems
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

How do you have your xbox 360 connected.. Via an HDMI cord, or using one of the RCA adapters with red , yellow and white connectors?

Also, what current input is your tv on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Av or hdmi 2 don't remember but it did work. Rica adapters
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
RCA adapters
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
AV
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Does it say no signal in blue on the screen?

Or, what does it say on the TV when you have the XBOX turned on?

Also, I need you to check and see right now what Input you have the TV on.. And then, verify that the xbox is connected to the same Input ports on the back that t he TV input is currently set to.

D.S

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No signal in blue
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can hear the start screen of the Xbox boot up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I no it's coming on its just why can't I see the boot up screen y can't I see anything.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Ahh.. if you see no signal in blue.. Thats an issue.

Can you check this picture.. http://www.tildee.com/uploads/25-10-2013/8261D9F9-DEA3-438D-925E-DF63C6490034.jpg

try pushing the switch in one direction, then wait about 20 seconds.. Does anything show up? If not, flip it back to the other direction, and see if anything shows up.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Mine doesn't have that little switch
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Can you send me a picture of your connector then so I can get an idea of the model we are dealing with, thank you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1473291243984.jpg
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

This is either an issue with your cable..

Or, with the video card on the xbox.. Do you know some-one else who has an xbox that you could test your xbox using their working video cable? That will save us some time and money, as Id hate to purchase another cable if its not actually the cable thats the issue.

And as far as repairing the xbox if its not the cable, that repair can get a bit in depth, so we want to be 100% certain that we try a different cable BEFORE we try anything else.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I never heard back from you after you viewed my response. Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just think it's really old
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

It could be very old.. But there are still fixes available.

Before we try and b ake the xbox in the over ( seriously, that can be a fix for video issues when done correctly )

Would you be able to try your xbox with someone elses video cable? That would tell us right off the bat, if this is just an issue with your cable set.. Or, if its an internal issue.

For instance, you can get a replacement cable set here for under 10$.. http://amzn.to/2cakjYV

If we can rule out the cable.. T hen we can discuss other repairs you can do that wont cost $$$, just time.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have still nothing
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

So you did try a brand new and known working cable set?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried that
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
nada
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Have you tried holding down the y button and right trigger when you turn the machine on, ( on the player one controller )

https://youtu.be/O8pe_h28ZeY