Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

When using my Wii on my TV over the last several months I've

Customer Question

When using my Wii on my TV over the last several months I've lost the color when watching Netflix movies. It's just black and white. Any thoughts?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

How do you get Netflix ?

External equipment like a blueray , Roku box , xbox etc. or its a built-in app to the tv ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Good question. Not exactly sure - newish wide screen TV with plenty of bells and whistles - so it may have been a built-in app.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Well that should be easy enough to find out , beside the Wii and a possible cable box , is there anything else connected to the tv ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Or you just have the wii and internet connected to the tv ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is a DVD player. (FYI I'm not at home).
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Is this your tv ?

I mean how do you receive the Netflix ?

At this point I would need a model number so if you can reach me from home later on we could even try a few things .

I need details please if I`m going to figure this out

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, tonight I can check with all items plugged into TV. Model/number of DVD and TV. will also check with Wii version and how I actually get Netflix. Anything else? How should I get back to you?
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

You could log in justanswer and go to the tab above that says "my questions" , click on it and you will see this post .
You can also make yourself a shortcut on the desktop , a bookmark or copy this link;

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/e405f4ca298546c1abc641aa767cc999

If you left an email address with justanswer you will have direct links there as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, thanks. Will do.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

No problem , later then

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jack - here are pictures of the three Wii devices in my possession. The Wii GamePad is Model WUP-010 (USA). FYI my TV is a Panasonic Viera Model TC-L42E50. Hope this all helps you figure out what's going wrong. Let me know if you need anything else.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Nice pictures but that don`t tell me much about its rear connect or the type of connector you have in hand . can you send me a picture of that ?

The wiring you have ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What's a "connector"? What's it look like? A picture of the wiring between what devices?
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

That's what I`m asking you , what does yours look like , there are different types .

The connector is what you use to connect the wii to the tv , , the cables , wires , plug , terminals etc. that thing

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh, okay. I'll take the pictures of the wiring/connector tonite and get to you tomorrow. Thanks.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

No problem , with that I will be able to tell you where to connect it and how to set your tv

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Update and solution ;

Just looked up the gamepad number you gave me above and that belongs to the " Wii U " so I looked it up and saw that it has a HDMI out and that would be the best way of connecting it .

There is a link below that shows the back of your Wii and you will see that HDMI port at # 12 , if you have the component adapter plug then it will be at #10 but your tv has different input jacks at the rear that requires the adapter plug to use component inputs so once again HDMI would be the easiest and best way to connect that Wii in HD sound and picture into one cable.

You can get a HDMI cable for $10 (or less) and your tv has at least 3 HDMI inputs that can be used for that , this is Plug&Play no configurations , just make sure that only the hdmi is hooked up from the Wii to tv , remove the plug at #10 .

Click the link below for that picture.

If that answers your question PLEASE DO rate me positively by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Picture ;