Aric, Hobbyist
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Nintendo 2DS will not hold a charge. It only works when

Customer Question

Nintendo 2DS will not hold a charge. It only works when plugged in. What can I do?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. If the battery will not take or hold a charge, then this indicates the battery has failed and needs to be replaced. The battery for the 2DS can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.batteryfly.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BANINTENDO_NDS_NTR003&gclid=CjwKEAjwn7e8BRCUqZiP_vnrtBkSJAC_lp4H9k-ttg3udADduCiqURVMl9Lb4XbsZC5mua3q0l8QMhoCmNPw_wcB

Follow the instructions below to change the battery

Notes:
Do not attempt to remove the battery cover with anything other than the recommended type and size of screwdriver.
Do not over tighten the screws. This may result in stripping them or cracking the housing.
Depending on the model, the screws may be secured to the back panel. If this is the case, simply losen the screws.
A #00 cross-head (+) screwdriver will be required to change the battery pack on the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS. A #0 cross-head (+) screwdriver will be required to change the battery pack on the New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Additionally the link below outlines the process with pictures:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+2DS+Battery+Replacement/35839

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?