Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a Wii and it is not working. I loaded the disk and

Customer Question

I have a Wii and it is not working. I loaded the disk and received an error message that said Error occurred. Press the Eject button and remove the disc. Turn the power off and follow the instructions in the console manual on page 70. I did that and reloaded the disk and received the same error message.
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What disc did you load? if it was a game disc, try a different game disc.

If you then get different results, you might suspect your first disc of having a problem: too many scratches, a touch of dirt or too many fingerprints. If so, and if it isn't owing to a cracked disc nor a badly scratched disc, you may be able to repair it yourself using my instructions.

If it was the bootup disc, or it is the only disc you have, examine its surface in good lighting, and see whether it shows any scratches, scuff marks, or worst of all, cracks.

How old is the Wii system/console in question?

Let me know, please, so that I may advise you further.