Gameguy360
Gameguy360, Retail
Experience:  8 years radioshack, 2 years game crazy.
41474190

I have a new Wii and lost its directions. It is set up with

Customer Question

I have a new Wii and lost its directions. It is set up with my Samsung Ultra HD TV but I cannot remember what setting on the TV will allow me to use my Wii? Can you help me?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Which Wii do you have (Wii U or standard older Wii)? What cabling/connections are being used to connect it to the TV?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a new Wii. Model #RVL001. Wii System Original. A cable connecting Wii box to input box of TV.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Again, I'm asking specifically WHAT TYPE of cabling is connecting the Wii to the TV. Offhand there are three different options which can be used- so what setting the TV needs to be on depends on what cabling is used. Since I am not there to see what you see- I am requesting that information from you. Thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Let me know when you have the info requested and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've solved the problem. The key was the Input button on the remote. That took me to the Wii. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
On a Samsung it would be the "Source" button, and I could have told you what source to select if you told me what source it was plugged into. Anyhow glad it's sorted.