Dustin, Repair Technician
Experience:  From The ColecoVision to PS3's and XBOX 360's I have been using and repairing game systems for many years! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Why is my xbox 360 saying that im connectedto internet but

Customer Question

why is my xbox 360 saying that im connectedto internet but it can't connect to xbox live
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Sometimes all we need to do is turn the xbox off, then back on. And that resolves the live connection issue.

if that doesnt work, lets try resetting your network settings.. heres how.

http://www.supercheats.com/xbox-360/how-to/how-to-reset-xbox-360-network-settings-to-default

After you have reset your network settings to factory defaults turn the xbox off, then back on. And then reconnect to your network. remember if its a wireless network you will have to select it and enter the password.

if that doesnt solve the issue, then let me know if its giving any error code when you try to connect to xbox live after we complete the above steps.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.