Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

PS4 no video on screen. No music when loading. Took to best

Customer Question

PS4 no video on screen. No music when loading. Took to best buy and gamestop. Both said needs service from Sony.
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If it is the read-only optical drive (disc drive) that has a problem, you might want to run a CD cleaning kit in it, two or three times, to see if that allows video and music to be read off a disc and produced during loading.

But after that, I would say, take it or send it to Sony. Esp. if it's within its warranty period still - they should fix it for free or for a greatly reduced charge if that is the case. And opening the case would void the warranty.