Ashik, GameSystem Tech
Experience:  Experience with most of all Game Systems
16433418

My nephew reset the password Nintendo Network ID and also

Customer Question

My nephew reset the password ***** the Nintendo Network ID and also put a parental control password. We cannot access any games. he is staying with other family and unavailable.
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Which Nintedo device is this ? Wii U, 3DS etc

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wii U
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

You will have to reset your Nintendo ID password. Follow the steps below to reset it.

1. Visit the Miiverse website ---> http://miiverse.nintendo.net
  2. Click the orange "Sign In" box at the top of the screen.
  3. Click "Forgot your password?"
  4. Enter your Nintendo Network ID and the E-Mail Address associated your account into the appropriate fields.
  5. Select "Send." An e-mail with a temporary password ***** be sent to the e-mail address associated to your Nintendo Network account.
  6. Once the e-mail arrives, return to your Nintendo system and use the temporary password ***** sign in to your account.
  7. Once you have signed in, you can update the password ***** the Nintendo Network ID Settings on your Wii

To reset the Parental control password, you need to contact the Wii Customer support and they will give you a master PIN. You can call Nintendo on this number -> 001(###) ###-####/strong>

Call the above number from your phone and they will give you temporary parental PIN/password ***** you can use to to reset the code on Wii U. Let me know how it goes please.

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

You can call the above number the customer support is available at 6:00 am – 7:00 pm (PST)

001(###) ###-####/strong>

(If you see Forgot PIN option on the screen, reset it from there)

Refer this article --> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/info/en_na/parents.jsp

(Select Wii U in left column, and select Forgot Parental Control PIN)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks! Will try to wrangle his parents to get the e-mail so we can get this started.
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. If you have any difficulty, please let me know and I will be here and I will continue to help you.

If he setup his email on it (for Nintendo ID), then you also need his email password ***** that you can open the reset email sent by email to view the temporary password.