Dustin, Repair Technician
Experience:  From The ColecoVision to PS3's and XBOX 360's I have been using and repairing game systems for many years! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My son received a wii u yesterday. He dropped the gamepad.

Customer Question

My son received a wii u yesterday. He dropped the gamepad. Is there a place to send to see if it can be repaired?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Depending on where the Wii was purchased from, you may be able to take it into the retailer and exchange it. For instance, if it was purchased from Game Stop, they are very amenable to replacements. Especially if the Wii is only a few days or weeks old.

If the retailer is not an option, Nintendo itself gives a 1 year warranty on parts. If you want to restart a repair request through nintendo, t his page will walk you through that process.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8261

Keep in mind, a warranty repair takes time. Time to ship the device off and for them to ship a replacement.. Usually between 3-6 weeks. In the meantime, you may want to consider purchasing a generic replacement controller at a discount, such as this one. http://amzn.to/1maXsia

That way your son has something to use in the meantime.

if you have further questions or concerns, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you!! We are not a technology family and didn't realize they had a protecting case that we should have purchased.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

As they say, Hindsight is always 20 / 20. If theres anything else I can do to assist you, please let me know.

Dustin S.