Gameguy360
Gameguy360, Retail
Experience:  8 years radioshack, 2 years game crazy.
41474190

I am unable to complete a connection test between our Wii

Customer Question

I am unable to complete a connection test between our Wii and Netflix. We have had this connection for several years but it has failed.
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the exact error or message when using Netflix on the Wii?

Is everything else working fine on the Wii?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Wii works fine. The error code is 50299
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We called Netflix and they traced the issue to the Wii and asked us to talk directly to Nintendo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HAing to pay your company for answers is out of my comfort zone. I am calling Nintendo directly. Goodbye

I'm sorry; I'm an independent tech; you can try Nintendo support, but they may not help you or the network issue can be complicated for them to fix. You can always come back if you still need help; we guarantee our service, so don't worry.

Have you tried to disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet / wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect, and check?

; also, turn off the Wii, then disconnect power cord from it for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then turn on and check.

When you connect the Wii to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name, it asks for password *****? Then after you enter the password, what does it say?

Is the Internet or any online game or any other Internet app currently working fine on the Wii?

Please let me know. Thank you.