Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a 2 DS. It powers up seconds then screen goes black

Customer Question

We have a 2 DS. It powers up for 30 seconds then screen goes black with a message error has occurred. Hold down button and try again to no avail. Your thoughts please!
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If this happens every time you start up, and you are unable to get into the file system on the 2DS, and unable to change anything on it (that you might have downloaded to it for instance, just before the fault occurred?) then the 2DS will need repair. Click here to start the repair-order process:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/3ds_repair_home.jsp?problem=EMOCCURREDSFW

(If possible, before sending for repair, try to apply the latest system update... I am aware that may be impossible with the 2DS in this state.)