Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  Console Game Developer Since 1983. Game Enthusiast from Childhood
23511658

I am unable to play Forza-6. When I try to install it in my

Customer Question

I am unable to play Forza-6. When I try to install it in my X-Box-1, I am asked for a password ***** then a passkey. I have forgotten both. I got them when I installed Forza-5 which was about 3years ago Can you help me?. Joseph XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX
http://my.justanswer.com/
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.

It sounds like you might have an Xbox Live account protection. Is the Passkey a set of 4 empty Squares?

- Also, usually the Password ***** ***** same password ***** with your email account that you used to set up your Xbox LIVE account.

- You can always change the password ***** going to WWW.HOTMAIL.COM, type the email address associated with your Xbox LIVE account and click where it says "forgot password" and follow the instructions.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All replys are entered into one long box, about 5"long. When I go to WWW.HOTMAIL.COM THE ADDRESS SHIFTS TO: https://bay182.mail.live.com. There is no place for a password. Joe ***@******.***

What account do you currently use to log into xbox live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I use the X-box with Forza 5 I don't need to use any passwords. When I attempt to run Forza 6 the first thing it asks for is a network password. It sees the net because it knows the nets name. I've wasted too much time and money on this fiasco ever since it was delivered, it's best to abort the effort. Thanks for your effort. Joe

Joe, this is different. This has nothing to do with Forza. What you describe tells me that the XBOX is NOT connected to your wifi network. It sees the network as one of the networks available for you to connect to. But if you want to connect to it, you need to enter the wifi passcode as you would with any wifi device. You just have the get the console connected and you will be all set.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You make it sound so easy. I agree with you about the x-box not connecting to the wi-fi, In the past my Microsoft password ***** however it it doesn't want to work. Joe

Ok... this will not be your xbox password.

When you connect a device to your wifi network, you should have a password ***** you use for every device - the same password. This is the password ***** needs to connect to your wifi. You have to go to the wifi settings and connect to the wifi network. Once connected, THEN you can use your XBOX password. You can go to XBOX.com to make sure your password ***** there. If it doesn't you can reset it right from that page.