Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  Console Game Developer Since 1983. Game Enthusiast from Childhood
23511658

PS3 SONY - RED SCREEN COMES UP AND SAYS SERIOUS ERROR, CALL

Customer Question

PS3 SONY - RED SCREEN COMES UP AND SAYS SERIOUS ERROR, CALL IT
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. This is normally an error with the hard drive and it should give you instructions on how to rebuild the hard drive when this happens. First try unplugging the console completely then try plugging the console in while holding the power button. Hold the power button until the console dings and see if that will reset it and make a difference. Obviously, if there is something wrong with the hard drive, this is not going to repair it but it will attempt to clear the error so that if it is not a truly serious error it should not come back. If you could do that and if it's still not working if you could tell me exactly what it saying on the screen when you have the problem, or even take a picture of the screen and attach it here using the paperclip icon, I can probably give you more precise information.