Aric, Hobbyist
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Our Wii is hooked to our TV primarilyto access Netflix. The

Customer Question

Our Wii is hooked to our TV primarilyto access Netflix. The Wii comes on but the little hand-pointer does not show up and we can't access items on the menu. Have changed batteries in the remote and checked the power on the unit and reset. Nothing is working to get the pointer back. Can you help?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The pointer not working means the remote is no longer "paired" with the Wii. First make sure the remote sensor strip is plugged into the back of the Wii, then perform the following steps:

Press and release the SYNC button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the Player LED on the front of the Wii Remote will blink. While the lights are still blinking, quickly press and release the red SYNC button on the Wii console. When the Player LED blinking stops and stays lit, the syncing is complete.

Let me know what happens please.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to follow your instructions, which were clear, but the remote we have does not appear to have a SYNC button. The unit does also not have a red SYNC button. This is an older one (about 5 years old)
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay those steps are directly from Nintendo's WII page. Please click on the link and take a look. If you're equipment looks different than what they show- then reply back (NOTE: The Sync buttons are underneath covers- which is outlined on this page):

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2815/~/how-to-sync-a-wii-remote-with-a-wii-console

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.