Dustin, Repair Technician
Experience:  From The ColecoVision to PS3's and XBOX 360's I have been using and repairing game systems for many years! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My ps3 freezes up at beggining of any game that i play started

Customer Question

my ps3 freezes up at beggining of any game that i play started when vacuumed on extireodr holes
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Lets go under the hood of your ps3 and carry out some repairs. Lets start with this. Step 1:Turn off your Playstation 3.Step 2:Hold the power button down. The system will turn on and turn off once again.Step 3:Once the system has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beepsStep 4:When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.Step 5:You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS buttonStep 6:The Recovery Menu will show on screen. Only try these two steps, in order. restore file system, do t his one first. Once its complete.. And your ps3 has started normally. repeat the steps above to get back to the recovery menu. And then choose rebuild database. Let that finish.. Once its complete, test and use the PS3.. Is it working better now? If not, then you may want to consider backing up your game save data. And then going back to the recovery screen and choose RESTORE PS3 SYSTEM That will erase everything and will leave you with a factory fresh PS3.. ( keep that in mind, as your saved game data will be gone so back it up first!!) If you run into any issues or have any further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.