Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Just got error code 8002A548 been having problems for

Customer Question

Just got error code for PS3 8002A548 been having problems for a while now with lags and cut offs while on line, what can be done to solve this?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.Thank you for choosing Just Answer.How old is your PS3?And does it get a lot of use?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's two years old, yes it gets plenty use.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good morning and thanks for your patience.When you get lags do they happen in the middle of play and does the unit take longer to load software for games Internet etc?Even though you have this error can you get past it to run the unit normally or not?Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Your error is a connection loss error, if you are using a wireless router, try upgrading it to the latest firmware version, I have a D Link that gave me the same trouble, it ran fine for 15 minutes and then it rebooted itself and disconnected me from the internet.The best things to do is reset the main router and your devices and also try to move the pS3 or the router so they are closer. Over time, the transmitters in the routers get weak and this will slowly become more prominent.(get worse).The best thing of course to do is replace the main router as it is the faulty here.If it is owned by a cable company etc, have them exchange that one for you this should fix the problem;-)I will stick with you until you don't have the error anymore but please rate my service kindly at this time, that way you can contact me if you run into anythng else. It wont cost anything to rate;-)Have a great weekend!Tech Michael