Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  Console Game Developer Since 1983. Game Enthusiast from Childhood
23511658

How do I pair the PS3 remote to the PS3 console? Thanks.

Customer Question

Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.Two pair the PS3 controller with the PS3 all you have to do is plug the controller into the console with a USB cable. When you do that and press the PS button, it should automatically pair. Then you can unplug the USB cable and it will remain paired. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the controller, the remote (the controller is not a remote; it has to be hard wired to the console). I tried the instructions regarding pairing....press start and enter but no result. Was working until Sony had me reset system because I could not log into the Sony Network.
Actually, the controllers are wireless. So, are you talking about a wireless controller, or the RF remote that has media functions on it, like buttons for playing Blue Ray?
To pair the blu ray remote, do the following:Go to (Settings) > [Accessory Settings] in the XMBTM home menu.Scroll down to "Register BD Remote Control" and then press the button.That should be all you have to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is not all you have to do. Have you done this before? You have to press enter and start at the same time. This is not working for me. It was working fine until Sony had me set the system to default. The newer PS3 in my bedroom did get paired but I think it took me 50 tries for it to pair (sore fingers). But that no longer pairs.
Of course I've done this before. It would be silly of me to offer my help if I hadn't. What I meant by that's all you have to do is that this is all you have to do to start the pairing process. The instructions will take you through the rest. Yes, you have to press the start and enter button when it's in pairing mode and any other buttons will cancel the pairing. If the Blu-ray Disc Remote Control is registered with another PS3 system, it will be necessary to re-register the remote control if it is to be used with the first PS3 system again. In other words it cannot be registered to both consuls at the same time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right. I followed all the instructions, but it would still not pair. I must have tried 30 times, the last time holding down the start and enter buttons for several minutes to get it to pair. Not an isolated occurrence for me.
That's really unusual. And it's doing this on both systems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, both systems and a for PS3 as well. I did eventually get both to work, but was a struggle. Others have the same problem is you do a search or check youtube. And the bedroom remote I had to pair twice as it somehow became unpaired despite new batteries (I don't know if weak batteries would cause unpairing.)Perhaps you can answer this question for which I could rate:II had to re-download the guide for Windows Media Center for recording TV via my PC. However, the new scan does not even list 10.1 or 40.1 (Sacramento stations with towers at same location as other affiliates). Yet, the guide does list, and I can receive, all other broadcasts from the Sacramento region. In fact, even the San Francisco stations are listed in the guide although I can not view them. Prior to the re-download 10.1 and 40.1 were in the guide, and I could view them. Anyone know why these stations are not even listed now. My indoor ATSC antenna has not been moved. Thanks.
What you describe definitely wouldn't because by the antenna. The guide is downloaded independently of whatever signals you are actually receiving. The guide is sent out periodically and received – that same guide is received by everyone within the broadcast area. If the stations are not listed in the guide, that means they were intentionally removed. There could be many reasons for this, but ultimately it's money, FCC rules, partnerships, and things like that. There are sometimes legal issues regarding the guide listings. As for the channels, the channels to which you to in our virtual channels. In the case of 10.1 it happens to be the same channel10.1 10.1KXTVABCSacramentoWalnut Grove28.62008 H - T - news10.net40.140.1KTXLFOXSacramentoWalnut Grove9501972 H The only thing in common that I see is that they're both in Walnut Grove.And looking a bit more deeply into this – 10.1 is a translator station which is only for translating analog to digital, and all translator stations according to the FCC must be off-line by September 1, 2015. So I think the fact that you're seeing it now is only coincidental. http://bitli.es/pB57Ajhttp://bitli.es/A6Tial