Dustin, Repair Technician
Experience:  From The ColecoVision to PS3's and XBOX 360's I have been using and repairing game systems for many years! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I went to format to upgrade and I lost my game that I

Customer Question

I went to format to upgrade and I lost my game that I purchased on wiiu,I was able to get 1 game back but lost my levels and 3 weeks of work to get to those levels , anyway to get levels back email please to **********************. Help if you can Thank you. Jake
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The wii U is extremely limited on its ability to backup and restore saved game data. The only way you can restore your saved data is if you backed it up to a USb drive or external drive before you lost the data. If you did back it up, the page below contains two links at the bottom. One link shows how to backup data, and the other link shows how to restore data. http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2865/p/431 If you didnt make a backup before, then unfortunately you wont be able to recover your game saves.. If that is the case, then I strongly suggest you make use of the article above, and familiarize yourself with the backup process so that in the future if you make saved game backups every week, or anytime youve had a long gaming session and made progress. By making backups you will always be able to recover your work " on the same wii u system" Good luck, and if you have any further questions you are welcome to respond. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.