Gameguy360
Gameguy360, Retail
Experience:  8 years radioshack, 2 years game crazy.
41474190

Xbox 360 wireless network adapter refuses to connect

Customer Question

xbox 360 wireless network adapter refuses to connect
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.
Ive run into this issue with many Xbox 360s. You're in good hands. First, I need to ask you a few questions about your system.
1. Do you have an internal wireless card, or an external USB adapter for wireless.
2. When was the last time your xbox made a successful wireless connection. ( have you moved it since then, changed home addresses, changed internet providers, or any other changes you can think of )
3. Does your wireless connection only fail when ( the xbox has been on for extended periods of time, or off for extended periods of time, anything of this nature )
Please provide as much detail and information as you can, so that I can assist you with this issue.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
external adapter, it has never been connected,
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ahhh. So this is your first time using an external USb connector for your 360.
Question, do you have any computers, phones or other devices that are using your home internet wirelessly?
Are you 100 % certain of your wifi password. Also, do you know if its using WEP or WPA or WPA2 encryption for the password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes on the wifi, no on the certainty of password ***** what you mean by encryption
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ok, lets go over some of the basics. For the at home wifi network we want to connect the XBOX to.
Do you currently have a windows computer wireless connected to the internet?
if so, is it windows 7, windows 8, windows xp?
Please be detailed so I can help verify the exact wifi connection settings we need to use.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows7
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
If you follow the steps below on your windows 7 computer.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/retrieve-view-or-display-wireless-wep-or-wpa-wifi-network-security-key-or-password-in-windows-7/
It will show us the exact wifi password ***** your home network. And also, the type of ecurity type, and encryption you are using.
Can you check, and then get back to me?
Thanks~
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing personal but the instructions dont work the control panel will not cooperate we have hard wired the xbox and it seems to be working. I fell the maker of the wireless adapter should refund purchase price and then some for aggravation. It should just plug in and go period.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Generally, it should just plug in and go.
You still have to be certain you are using the correct wireless password ***** settings.
Im not sure who the maker is of t he wireless adapter you chose, so I cant help you t here.
As far as our service, the link below will help you request a refund.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you ( iam dealing with a teenager here!)