Joe
Joe, Engineer
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

Hello. I have a PlayStation 3 model cech-4001c. I got a message

Hello. I have a PlayStation 3 model cech-4001c. I got a message in the upper right hand corner saying that the system has become too hot. What should I do to fix this?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if
something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is
sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you
right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another
customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon
as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

That generally means the system is too hot. So you need to cool it, this means either the area it is in such as enclosed area is not allowing it to cool, or the unit is full of dust that needs to be cleaned out of it or the internal fan has quit on the unit which could be from dust.

If
you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Thanks,

Joe

Bonuses
are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face/rating with
poor/bad please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The
first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two
are positive and only for those 3 do I get a pos rating. If for any reason you
are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I
will be glad to help you. The deposit you placed when you opened the question
is only a deposit you can then click accept or one of the smile faces, but
again only if you are satisfied and only when you are ready to do so. The
rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason
please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
again for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What are your suggestions that could help me fix it and to keep the message from appearing again?

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Christina,

As I explained, you either need to clean the dust out of the inside of the ps3 which you may try compressed air cans but it really needs to have it opened up to clean, if that does not work and the fan is not caked in dust then see if fan is spinning if not then check power/ground to the fan if good then replace fan. Only other thing is if it is in an area too small to allow it to cool such as it in use with door closed in front of it in a cabinet.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, Engineer
Experience: ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional