Pete , Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

How do I get the skylander giants to play on my 360 w/connect,

How do I get the skylander giants to play on my 360 w/connect, got a new disk and it still wont work?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

You haven't listed in detail what you have already tried; however if you have not already done so, please try running a cleaning disk in the XBOX several times to clean the optical reading lens, and let me know if that works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still cannot get the game to function. System will try to read disk and will come back with an error of disk is not readable. The steps we have already taken include clearing out the cache memory on the system, your suggestion of getting a cleaning disk, rebooting the system without any external devices attached, and leaving disk in the machine shutting the system down and rebooting with the disk already installed and nothing works.

Apologize for the delay in returning your message as I have been in the hospital the last couple of days.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Toby,
That's ok, just reply when you are ready.

If all other disks are playing normally then it does seem that this disk has a fault.
As it has already been replaced, it may be from a faulty batch of disks.

If you have a friend with the same game, try borrowing it and see if his disk works on your XBox - I don't think this could be due to a fault with the box itself.