Ashik, GameSystem Tech
Experience:  Experience with most of all Game Systems
16433418

Hi there,my play station will play DVD and Blue ray but no

Hi there,my play station will play DVD and Blue ray but no games at all.?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset the PS3 and see if that works or not. Turn off your PS3. Unplug the power cable and replug it. Then turn it on and hold down the Power button for 15 seconds and release button and this will reset the PS3. Then try to play a game disc.

If that didn't work, then
you can rebuild the PS3 Database .

• Turn off your PS3
  • Turn it back on and immediately hold down the power button. Keep holding and you will hear beeps. After exactly 2 beeps release the power button. If you release it to late it will just turn off again. So time is critical in here. If failed, repeat the steps
  • You will be greeted with a screen asking you to connect a controller with a USB cable. So connect the controller to your PS3 with the USB Cable
  • From the Menu, select Rebuild Database and let it finish the job.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,followed both procedures,still no luck.

However with regards XXXXX XXXXX rebuild i have followed the two beep step and the message hdmi has been detected i hit yes and the start up procedure follows with no mention of rebuild database.please advise.

many thanks

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Try it again.

1. Turn off PS3

2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.

5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button

6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

Did that work ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry i have tried this 6 times now and it still asks me for yes and no for hdmi detected and then continues through config.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It is resetting, but not booting into Recovery screen. Can you watch this video and try again : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2YnGGUOJks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,i have got it to do a rebuld,didn't take very long,still wont play any games.?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Dave, Can you Restore PS3 System from there ?

This will erase everything from your PS3 as it reset it to factory settings. So if this is a software issue, restoring should fix the problem. Can you try that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done a full reset,still no games will load but DVD's are fine and Blue ray.? i take its a hardware issue.?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Yes Dave. I'm sorry, but it seems like a hardware issue. You will have to send it back to Sony to get it fixed, but it will cost almost a price of new console to get it fixed. I believe it will cost upto $200 to replace the drive.

Here is the number for UK PS3 Support : 0844(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
I'm sorry that I couldn't solve your problem, but this is something we can't fix online.

Best Regards,

Ashik, GameSystem Tech
Experience: Experience with most of all Game Systems