Anthony F.
Anthony F. , Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  PlayStation and Xbox repair.
34633555

My PS3 wont turn on. The PS3 would shut off out of nowhere

My PS3 wont turn on. The PS3 would shut off out of nowhere once in a while, and now it happened to shut off during the update installation yesterday. Now I turn on the switch on the back and the light remains red, but when I press either the power or eject button the light turns green for half a second and shuts off instantly.............. AS I WRITE THIS I TRIED ONE MORE TIME AFTER ALMOST 100 TIMES AND IT TURNED ON!!! I EJECTED THE BLUE RAY DISK I NEEDED TO TURN INTO THE RED BOX RENTAL STATION!!! WEIRD!... I suspect that it will keep shutting off from time to time. I have it on and checked the software update, which says it's up to date. Maybe it crashed after it completed installing. Do you know what the problem was and still is if it keeps shutting off from time to time?

Thanks!
Francisco
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 3 years ago.
If ir reoccurs I think I would check the power supply
this is an internal board in the unit its about the only thing that will fail like you describe anything else fails it does not run again until repaired ...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have another failed, and success situation w/ the PS3:

I had the same problem right away after keeping it on the first time. It even ran a system update fine. It loaded a game properly, but it was during the start menu of the game that it shut off. After a while of trying again I remembered that the first time I got it to work again the HDMI cord was unplugged, so I tried unplugging the HDMI from the PS3 and it worked! Would I still need to have a tech check the power supply. Does this present a different solution?

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will be sure to rate you excellent!

if it is the power supply it will occur again if not then it is an HDMI handshake issue
use it wothout the HDMI and see what happens

Thank you for using JA of you have further questions please save the link and return
and Rate your experience here Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! I appreciate your time and expertise.