Ashik, GameSystem Tech
Experience:  Experience with most of all Game Systems
16433418

i have just moved my wii from a plasma tv to a rear projection

i have just moved my wii from a plasma tv to a rear projection picture seems fine i cant get the controls to work i have tryed sincing but hasnt done anything the usb in the rear is constantlly flashing
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sorry for the delay. First we can reset your Wii and see if that works or not. Turn off your Wii and unplug the power cable. Then remove the batteries from the controllers and put them back in. Turn on your Wii and also the controllers. Now press and hold the Sync button on the Wii (not the Wii Remote) for 20 seconds to reset it. Then press the Sync button on your controller.

If that didn't work,
Unplug the Power cable from Wii for 1 minute and meantime also hold down the Power button for 1 minute. Then turn it back on

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tryed that no luck the controllers still wont turn on just a flash when you touch the button or a continuious flash when syncing

Did you held down both the Sync button on the Wii and the Controller at same time for 1 minute ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes both buttons for over a minute no beeps just the four flashing lights on the controler

That is strange. 4 flashing light indicates that it is not paired and trying to sync. How many controls do you have ? Can you try replacing the battery on the controller and try again?

Also make sure you connect the sensor bar properly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does it matter if the wii is on or off and pushing the one and two button start the four flashig lights is this also syncing or can it only be done from the battery compartment

Keith, Yes, your Wii must be on when you sync it by pushing the button. Four flashing indicates that it is trying to pair with the Wii, but it can't.

Turn off the Wii and also remove the battery from the Controller. Turn the Wii back on. Put the battery back to the Controller and press the Sync on the Controller as well as on the Wii at same time for atleast one minute. That should sync.

Also, did you tried changing the battery ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still not syncing tryed different controller could the senser bar be broken what about usb at the rear

Yes, it must be sensor bar or its the Wii too. Is there any chance you can borrow another sensor bar to try ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes tommorow are they expensive

Don't buy them yet, we need to find out what the exact problem is. They are not very expensive, just under $10. See here : http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=wii+sensor+bar&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks

If you have a Camera (phone's camera will work), take it and point over the Sensor bar. Can you see any redlight on the bar through camera ? Camera can see those infrared rays that your eyes can't.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi me again keith

just tryed that with the camera and i could see four or five lights at each end of the bar

Hi Keith,
That means the Sensor bar is working. I'm getting out of ideas. Can you try the steps here : http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts_system.jsp?menu=wiiremote&submenu=rvl-ts-wii-remote-flash

Did that work ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

finally its working i followed the instructions it said to only push sync button once i was holding it in do i have to do the same for all the controlers

We held it to reset past sync history, so we can sync it like a new controller. Holding it down will reset past sync details from the Wii and it is supposed to sync automatically, but in your case it didn't. I'm glad you got it working again.

If you like my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,