Pete, Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have new computer and am trying to load Nancy Drew Danger

I have new computer and am trying to load Nancy Drew Danger on Deception Island on to it I have Windows 8 and Microsoft 10 and I am not familure with either on can u help?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

If the game does not start installing automatically when you insert the disk, you will need to start the installation manually -
Go to Computer in Windows 8 and you should see the DVD Disk drive there - click on it to open it, then click on the Setup icon to start the game installation.
Let me know if that works or if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did what you said and it brought up the game but it strongly recommended that I shut down any anti virus that I have before installing . how do I do that?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Guy,
That will depend on which antivirus program you have installed. Normally you can go to the settings menu in your antivirus software and temporarily disable it.
You could also try just going ahead and installing the game anyhow. If you run into any problems, let me know what antivirus software you are using and I can assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I went to settings as u suggested but....remember I'm working with windows 8 and when I go to settings I get icons that say Network, Volume, Brightness, Notifications, Power, Keyboard. Nothing about virus or how to get to it.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to try just going ahead and installing the game without disabling the antivirus?

Which antivirus program is installed on your Windows 8 computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know. How do I find out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I did install without the antivirus. but I would still like to know how to get to the antivirus info for future use.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Great, glad to hear it installed good for you!

To find out your antivirus information, go to Control Panel - System and Security and it will tell you all the information about your antivirus, firewall, etc. :
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't see control panel or system & security in Windows 8

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

To access the Control Panel in Windows 8, move the cursor to the lower left corner of the screen and the Search box should appear. Type Control Panel into the Search box and the Control Panel should appear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great ...I did what you said and a screen with a bunch of apps appeared but nothing about anti virus of system & security. by the way thanks for your paticence

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem, happy to help :)

Your Control Panel may be arranged differently.
Does the Control Panel appear as below, or is it different?
graphic

If your control panel is not arranged by category and you do not see System and Security, look for Action Center instead:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SUPER... I have action center at the top of my list of apps I went into it and found Norton Internet security and it is ON

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, great! Well now you know where to find it if you ever need it again in future :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help. In the future if I need to disengage anti virus do I just turn it off and then when I finish loading my game I turn it back on?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's all you need to do if the antivirus is causing any problems loading the game.
Pete, Engineer
Experience: 12+ years experience installing and repairing electronics.