Pete , Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We have a Xbox 360 Kinect 4G. We bought a 250 G for more memory.

We have a Xbox 360 Kinect 4G. We bought a 250 G for more memory. When we hooked that one up we entered our email in it said already existed enter different one. I don't have one. I bought a scandisk thinking I could transfer our information to the 259 G and it has no information on it at all on the four. So what do I do to get this working?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

If your email address has already been used for an existing account, you can create a new account using a new e mail address.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The email account is mine. I have an email on the 4G and I want it on the 250G. The 4G is all cleared and don't know how to get it transferred.

This is the only email account I have. Did we loose the Xbox live gold and the music we bought with the Microsoft points card?

Thanks,

Ann

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is my email account I used it on the 4G and now I need to transfer it over to the 250 G and I don't know how since the 4G has nothing to transfer.

I would also like to know if I lost our membership to Xbox Gold and bought music with a Microsoft Points card.

Thanks,

Ann

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ann,

To transfer your Xbox Gold Membership to the 250G:
1. Turn on your 250G and go to the dashboard.
2. Sign out of any open accounts and press the silver "Guide" button on your controller.
3. Select “Recover Gamertag” from the list of options and select “Recover Gamertag” from the new window.
4. Select “Yes” to confirm. This exits your current session and takes you to the account recovery wizard.
5. Enter your gamertag (Xbox Live ID) in the text box and continue to the next step.
6. Enter your Windows Live-ID and password XXXXX continue to the next step. The Xbox will confirm and upload all of your account information from Xbox Live.