Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Computer and electronics IT technician
15852642

I purchased a PS2 game download (Maximo : Ghosts to Glory)

I purchased a PS2 game download (Maximo : Ghosts to Glory) on to my PS3 from the Playstation Network Store. I created a PS2 internal memory card and installed it in slot 1. The game plays fine, but does not save. I have to start at the beginning each time I play. I also found the magic pool as instructed by the game instructions with my 100 coins to attempt a save, but the game will not take the coins or give me an option to save....QUESTIONS..Does the internal memory work? Is there something else I can do to get it to work? Is there an external adapter available for PS2 memory cards? THANKS! Daniel, (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX)
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. Start the game and let me know if it says something like no memory card is installed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

At the start of game a message shows up briefly, about 2-3 seconds. The message says (No saved data present on memory card in slot 1). If I try to save at a save point, magic pool, the message (100 koins for save or travel). I throw in koins, they are not deducted from my total, and a message shows up which says (>RETURN TO GAME<). Memory card stays empty. Daniel (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX)

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Turn on your PS3 and open the game. Then press the P button on the controller and hold it for a few seconds. The quit game menu should open on that menu with the PS2 game running you should see assign slots choose that. Then select the virtual memory card from here. This should force it to work with the game. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue, If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The quit menu does not include (assign slots) as an option. It does include...Quit Game / Controller Settings / Other Settings / Software Manual / Reset Game / Turn Off System / Turn Off Controller... Daniel

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is odd it should be there if you have another PS2 game see if it is there with that one. If not the alternative would be to use this type of adapter: Click Here If you have any questions just let me know by clicking on reply to expert and I will be happy to answer them. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help, but my problem turned out to be a game instruction error, not a memory card problem. My answer was found on this page http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/374451-maximo-ghosts-to-glory/faqs/16628 if you like to check it out. Simple answers to big problems! I will rate you high for efforts. Thanks, Daniel

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that is greatly appreciated.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Computer and electronics IT technician