Aric, Hobbyist
Experience:  Experience connecting, troubleshooting and repairing electronics since I was 15 years old.
24739752

Hello I have a plastion 2 (scph-39001/97004) and the game controllers

Hello I have a plastion 2 (scph-39001/97004) and the game controllers juststop working but when I use the RF dvd remote for movies the dvd remort works fine I have tried new remotes no luck I know it migjht be time to upgrade but I am a tight ass.
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

I'm trying to wrap my head around exactly what you're saying, did you purchase new game controllers already and do they still not work?

Also, what RF DVD remote are you using, and are you saying it controls the PS2?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had the old controllers and they stop working so I went out and bought a new controller and that one doesn't work, when I bought the game it came with a DVD remote SCPH-10171/97042 and a software DVD to load. I bought the play station new. years ago

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Is the new controller a genuine Sony controller, or is it a substitute (made by another brand)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was a sony brand I alaready returned it and I am sorry but it is not a RF remomte but IR DVD remote

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but I'm out of ideas on this one and will Opt Out and perhaps another Expert can assist you. Your question is now open for other Experts to view, and if any can assist you with your problem, they will reply back to this conversation. Best regards, Aric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your time

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem. The reason I don't have a good reply here, is that the issue is definitely within the PS2, and there are no settings or adjustments that will correct it. I also see that you did not want to replace the system, but alas, that does seem to be the only course of action. It is either that, or send it to Sony and spend almost as much as a new system for them to repair it (if they will even repair it due to age).
Aric, Hobbyist
Experience: Experience connecting, troubleshooting and repairing electronics since I was 15 years old.