sorry did not login to the site.this is a question about my ps3,lately i havnt been on my ps3 for a few months, and now i have every time i get online i cant play online game modes and if i do get on my online game modes its online for a bit.so i was just wondering if you had any suggestions...
Computer OS: Windows 7
resetting my default settings back and turning the media server off and trying to set my network settings up different and unplugging my ps3 foor a bit.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We will go back and forth exchanging information (if needed) about your problem until we're finished. 2. I will only give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.3. Understand that I am a real hands on Master Technician and fix these issues everyday in my shop in FL.4. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished to compensate me for my time just like you would at a repair shop.* Favorable outcomes are always desired, but are sometimes out of both of our control.I see that your Question is several hours old and am inquiring to see if you still needed help with this or want to cancel. Thanks
Hi, yes problem still needs sorting, however son who needs ot sort this out is at school so will contact you around 4 when he returns.
yes, here now, and yes still need help!
Are you online
are you online?
Hey, I'm in the USA so are hours are slightly different.
I'm a big gaming fan and know a lot about all consoles. Are you saying that your having a hard time getting into an online game but once your in your good to go until you back out of it and try to go back in?
Hi there!! Not having alot of look with our timings here are we, jamie has gone to bed now, and i haven't a clue about this. I (his non techno mother), think that he is having trouble getting connection to the online game..... he had this trouble over a year ago, and then it came right, but he hasn't been able to connect at all for the past 2 weeks. When would be a good time for you to help with this- maybe the weekend? Thanks for replying, just sorry that Jamie in bed now ( school in the morning) and console in his room, not that I would be much practical help anyway!
No problem. There's never a rush here and am available everyday to help you. Feel free to reply to me whenever you get a chance.
Thanks for that, now that i've replied to you, can you respond so that Jamie can ask the question, in the reply box!( just wanted to let you know i'd read your response.)Thanks again.
hi im online are you this is jamie
Hey, sorry I missed you. I'll be online for the next few hours. Let me know when your available again.
hi im available now its jamie
hi im online now
Hey Jamie. We seem to be having a schedule difference. I'll be available for about another 4 hours.
Are you saying that your having a hard time getting into an online game but once your in your good to go until you back out of it and try to go back in?
Hi,no I am unable to get on online game, keeps saying I need to do a system update and when I try to download the message is 'an error has occured'
Ok, here's what I want you to do:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
Once the Recovery Menu is up, select "Restore File System". Let it do it's thing and once it's finished, power down the PS3. Start it back up and try to go online with it again. Let me know how it goes.
Many thanks for your patience! This worked and jamie is really pleased to be back on his PS3.
No problem on the help and I'm glad to hear that it's working now.
Please remember to leave me a Positive rating on this and have a great day.
Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.