My playstation 3 will not let me play my games online. Also I can not open things like netflix.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We will go back and forth exchanging information (if needed) about your problem until we're finished. 2. I will only give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.3. Understand that I am a real hands on Master Technician and fix these issues everyday in my shop in FL.4. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished to compensate me for my time just like you would at a repair shop.* Favorable outcomes are always desired, but are sometimes out of both of our control.I see that your Question is several hours old and am inquiring to see if you still needed help with this or needed a refund. Thanks
Some times when I turn on the playstation before it goes to the log in screen. It will give me a warning. Saying, a problem with has occurred the last time the system was used, and another one saying the system was not turned off properly check the file system and restore it if it is corrupted
Ok, here's what I want you to do:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
Once the Recovery Menu is up, select "Restore File System". Let it do it's thing and once it's finished, power down the PS3. Start it back up and try to go online with it again. Let me know how it goes.
Will this process delete my saved files on my PS3
There's always a chance but it depends on how bad the File Structure is. Most likely it wont touch your saved files, but it has to be done to attempt a repair.
Perfect, no more problems with the warning messages. I can log into netflix and play my games online. I have not tried to play DVDs on it yet to see if they will play, but we will see. But so far so good. Thanks for all your help
Awesome! The DVD's should work perfectly fine if your Games are running ok.
If all is good, please remember to leave a "Great Service" rating today.