Gameguy360
Gameguy360, Retail
Experience:  8 years radioshack, 2 years game crazy.
41474190

Nintendo 3DS, how do I find out what my security key or code

Customer Question

Nintendo 3DS, how do I find out what my security key or code to my wireless router is?
Trying to connect 3ds system to my wireless router
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Gameguy360 replied 5 years ago.
This is the same code you use on your laptops and other computers, or wifi devices. Sometimes the code is printed on the wireless router itself, depending on the company. What kind of wireless router do you have? make and model #?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Netgear
Ok what model netgear is it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
wgr614
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Any ideas??????
Ok so we will need to go into the routers settings to find your password. to do this open a web browser such and internet explorer or firefox. in the url box type this 192.168.1.1

This should get you to a page asking for a password. There are 2 commonly used netgear passwords first leave the name field blank and type admin in the password feild. This should get you into the router setings if it doesn't the other one they use is name field is admin password field is password or admin.

Once your inside you just need to go to the wireless security field and you will be able to see the password or make a new password if you want to. Once you have it type it into your 3ds and you will be all set.