Seanna, Tutor
Experience:  French background + 4 yrs education & correspondence, proficient in verbal & visual communications.

I am making a sign for my wifes little garden- she was inspired

I am making a sign for my wife's little garden- she was inspired by the garden in Giverny, France, where Monet painted. I don't know the gender- so here are our two choices:

1. La Petite Giverny (which is feminine)

2. Le Petit Giverny (masculine)

Which one should I go with?
Category: French
Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using JustAnswer again. What a lovely idea for a sign. The correct gender would be masculine in this case, as the generic term for garden, jardin, is masculine. That rule carries from the generic term to the specific location.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No additional information- just wanted to say, thanks- I guess my "Masculine" - Le Petit Giverny" is the way to go-

Jim Hayden

Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
You're quite welcome and thank you for the bonus! I hope your wife will enjoy the lovely sounding sign.