EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
84559455

I have received a letter, rather late that I am supposed to

Customer Question

Hi I have received a letter, rather late that I am supposed to appear in court in Lisieux on december 15 for non payment of maintenance.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: I need a lawyer to go in my place and I live in the Philippines and cannot travel to France. this is Lisieux Normandy
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I was trying to get hold of the lawyer who represented me at my divorce, but I believe he is no longer practicing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
As your European Law expert, I am reviewing your question and will try to find a good answer for you.

Expert:  EULawyer replied 16 days ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your question. The best way to find an attorney for the region you desire is by checking this list (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/563548/New_Lawyer_List.pdf). Search for some that do 'family law'. Unfortunately, even though I am qualified for France, I do not work there at present.

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad