TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

Judgement on credit card debt...I have judgement on a credit

Customer Question

Judgement on credit card debt...I have judgement on a credit card from 2009.The debt is in the USA. It is my debt. I'm am a USA citizen who lives in France part time.
The owner of the judgement is Cache LLC a law firm.My wife is French and lives and works in France.
Can Cache LLC collect in France?
Can Cache LLC garnish her Wages or Property in France?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 1 month ago.

They'll have to take the judgment to a French court, but yes they can collect. However, they will only do it if the amount outstanding is worth it.

If they do it, and obtain a French court order, they will be able to collect the initial debt, plus interest and legal fees in France. And of course garnish wages and/or seize property if any.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a debt of $16k plus interest...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is that enough for them to do so in France?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Sorry but being in court today, I cannot offer you the Live Phone Call service.

16K€ would definitely be enough but it is more a matter of what the creditor's policy is.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank You.