TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

A PROBLEM WITH A NEIGHBOUR THAT I SEEM UNABLE TO SOLVE..bOTH

Customer Question

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH A NEIGHBOUR THAT I SEEM UNABLE TO SOLVE..bOTH MY NEIGHBOUR AND MYSELF ARE English IN THE COTE D ARMOR. I HAVE VISITED THE MAIRIE BUT WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS OR ANSWERS TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM,.
I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR A YEAR BUT BEEN IN BRITTANY SICE 2003
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 4 months ago.

Could you explain in more detail what your problem is and what you would like to ask us?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My problem started when I moved here 1 year ago.when I met them 1st time after a short conversation ,mostly their's it seemed prudent to me not to be involved as they were rude and nasty about all there neighbours but kept it cordial.they have 3 dogs which bark incessantly day and night.Iasked nicely if they could try to keep the dogs quieter which annoyed the wife who was very confrontational so did not say anymore. I went to the mairie and told her the problem who visited them.it got worse. I erected a fence between my property and their's which was and still is being damaged..on the day of the fence being erected the wife ran out of the house and assaulted me and the builders erecting the fence had to pull her off.went to the police and phoned them they did nothing at all.since then there has been many instances of intimidation,slander with other neighbours that have told them to leave me alone I have also recently arranged and had a meeting with an ombudsman which was a circus.they are constantly threatening that they will get me out of my house because they don't like me which I have said is good because I feel the same so we can ignore each other and get on with lives. he is constantly looking over and under my fencing,driving past my house and staring in my window..i have condensed this as much as possible as this has now been going on for a year and there are lots more worrying instances...I am 69 and single and like my life that way these people are in their 50's and he is without a doubt a bully with daughters and grandchildren..how do I stop this bullying,intimidation,threats and damage to my property...the mairie is no use at all and the gendarmerie..huh....
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
forgot to add the assault by his wife was in December 2015 and when I went to the police station the next morning the wife and one daughter were there already.i was made to wait for 20 minutes while he took them into a room with the policeman who came out and told me after waiting that he could not see me then as he would need an interpreter and he will be on holiday so he will phone me..he spoke to me in 'english'
On Tuesday 2nd august ihad a phone call from the police,asking what it was about he said it was concerning the assault..i said that was in 'DECEMBER'..I had not heard a word from them since December..I have an appointment for Friday 5th August at 2.30pm..maybe they were hoping I would be dead before now.phew........
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
o.kI do not know if my mail has been sent toMr Perrin..keep clicking send and it is not going..(it seems)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have sent you mail last week and still have not received a reply from you..If I do not receive a reply by the end of today Monday 8th August 2016 I will cancel.
thank you best regards ***** *****